Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do you change rear drum brakes to disk on a Nissan Sentra?

I have a 1992 Nissan Sentra XE (four door), and I want to change the stock drum brakes on the rear to disk brakes. I would also like to change the rotors in the front to bigger ones. What all do I need to do? I don't need an exact answer for my car, just the basic steps for converting drum brakes to disk.



Right now its FWD, so it doesn't even have power going back there, but I still want disk brakes. I am planning on doing an engine swap, and making it RWD, but that's a whole other animal.How do you change rear drum brakes to disk on a Nissan Sentra?
Your money would be best spent on a car less than 18 years old. That said everything is different from the master Cly to the rear parking brake cables and hydraulic hoses and tubing.. It could get costly quickly. I know only anti lock brake sentra had disks rear the 1994 year model. You could get used parts out of a autorecyclers yard. They don't like being called junk yards. I have never seen a rear wheel drive sentra conversion. If you want a 350Z get one it would be cheaper and performance parts will be available. Good LuckHow do you change rear drum brakes to disk on a Nissan Sentra?
I have to totally agree with John Paul...These are some ambitious and potentially expensive mods for that old car. As much as I like Nissan and agree they can run and run you gotta worry if or when the rust will start.... The biggest killer of these cars is not mechanical but body cancer....I would drive it the way it is and save your money...If your heart is set on the rear wheel drive consider a Z car--if you like the Sentra a R or Spec V are what is in your future.