Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Can I replace my brakes/rotors myself?

I have a 1999 Honda Accord and it needs new brakes and possibly rotors. I know brakes are easy to do but how about the rotors? Are any special tools needed to change or turn the rotors? I dont have a big shop or anything but do have the tools to do most repairs. Just wondering if this is a job to take somewhere or do it yourself. Thanks!Can I replace my brakes/rotors myself?
Its cheaper to get a new rotor ($20) than to have a shop lathe it for you. With the wheel and caliper off. To remove the rotor all you need to do is remove two screws in the middle of the rotor. It takes a fatheaded Phillips screwdriver.



I would rate it a 3 out of 10 on the difficulty scale.Can I replace my brakes/rotors myself?
Disc brakes are probably on of the easiest things for a do it yourselfer. If you've never done it before either buy a repair manual or have someone with experience help you. If the rotors need to be turned you can't do them yourself unless you have a brake lathe. Most auto parts stores like Autozone, O'Reilys, Carquest, NAPA, etc can turn them for you. It's pretty easy.Can I replace my brakes/rotors myself?
You can change your own brakes and rotors! For the rotors you have to have a rotor tool. It is a three pronged tool to pull the rotors off.Can I replace my brakes/rotors myself?
ya listen to them they know what there talking about, but ya take it to a repair man it will get done in no time and its not real exspensive if you already have the part. hope this helps.Can I replace my brakes/rotors myself?
Actually it is EXPENSIVE they will charge you about $50 just for changing the pads and that you can do in 30 minutes. so unless you make like 50 dollars an hour. DO IT YOURSELF IS NOT SO DIFFICULTCan I replace my brakes/rotors myself?
What I do is easy. Take the car and put jack stands under both sides and remove both tires. Now working on one side at a time remove the cal. and the rotor. OK, now put it back together in reverse. If you forgot how, to use the other side to reminder you. You should still have a repair book with you. Good wrenchingCan I replace my brakes/rotors myself?
It's is esy to change brakes and rotors DIY. To remove the old rotors you need to remove brake caliper brackets first. Once the brackets come off, the rotors should be easy to remove. There are screws that hold the rotors down, use lots of WD40 on them and use appropriate screw driver to take them out. If the rotors are hard to come off, use the screw(one you take out from rotors) to drive them out(there should be screw hole/s on the rotors). If you already have tools to do most repairs then you don't have to worry about special tools, but a torque wrench would help to tighten nuts and bolts to manufacturer's specifications.Can I replace my brakes/rotors myself?
When you pull the wheel off and there are bolts through the hub,you cannot ,without replacing the bearings,replace the rotors.They are pressed together.

I wish all the Wannabes would find another category to B/S in.
  • detect i worm vb gg
  • web ftp hosting
  •