Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How can I stop a Porsche Cayenne Turbo?

Hey folks,



I have a pre-owned Porsche Cayenne Turbo (2004) with Gemballa suspension lowering kit and ECU (500+ hp). Everything is so fine with the car except one simple detail...



The fact that it does not STOP.



I have got changed all four brake rotors, brake pads, checked the hydraulics, replaced every damn liquid in the car, but the stopping power is just not there.



When I hit the road, the brakes are ok, but when I hit the brakes a bit harder, they just start to fade with heat enough to do a blacksmith's work. Now the brakes are still there, but the pedal feels like there were Ronnie Coleman pushing it back and the hydraulics power-assist does not want to assist me in this. Personally, I don't like using the cockpit as a bodybuilding center...



The service says it is my %26quot;driving style%26quot; that causes this. Well, I want to ask what Porsche thought in building a car that goes well over 275km/h but does not return to 0km/h in an equal amount of time. Now, is there a way to stop it?TYHow can I stop a Porsche Cayenne Turbo?
The brakes on the Cayenne are quite capable, and from personal experience they have not only adequate stopping ability, but handle heat quite well.



First off, is the service you refer to the Porsche dealer or experienced Porsche mechanics? If not, have someone that genuinely knows these cars to take a look.



If they are, then I would tend to believe that the problem is your driving style. I personally have driven along mountain roads, stuck behind people that clearly don't use their brakes correctly judging from when I see the brake lights. If you are feeding too much heat into the brakes through improper and/or inefficient use, there may still be some measures you can take to minimize this, but the simpler route would be to learn better use of the brakes (it'll be less costly and more effective).



As far as things you can do to battle fade... a new brake kit might help, though I am not sure this will get you much improvement as the stock brakes on the Cayenne Turbo are quite large as is, and if they are overheating, moving to a slightly larger brake that will handle a slight amount more heat will most likely not get you anymore. IN fact, given the size of the stock brakes, if you are having fade, it is most likely due to too much heat in the fluid or pads... so:



What you might consider is a brake fluid with a higher boiling point. Castrol SRF is the best in this area at the moment, though quite costly and I think it has a slightly spongy feel under hard use. Motul is a close second, with ATE Blue coming in next (which would be a definite upgrade and is probably the most readily available of the three).



Likewise, moving away from stock pads... most of your more aggressive pad compounds are formulated to handle more heat. Look for something that maintains a good CF at high temperatures (though make sure they have a good CF at lower temps as well).



Lastly, taking the dust shields off will add more cooling.How can I stop a Porsche Cayenne Turbo?
Look for carbon made brake pads. Carbon brakes are not affected by heat. In fact they produce more friction as temperature rises. Carbon brakes are now widely used on heavy and widebody aircrafts such as b747 and A380. Another advantage is carbon brake pads weighs less than conventional brake pads.

Report Abuse

How can I stop a Porsche Cayenne Turbo?
Maybe Brembo brake kitHow can I stop a Porsche Cayenne Turbo?
Try calling a local Porsche dealership or shop. And then ask them, (or see if you can get in contact with the original owner, as they may know what's wrong)How can I stop a Porsche Cayenne Turbo?
replace All Brake Parts Put Some High End **** In It