Thursday, September 22, 2011

How to change the ball joints on a 2001 taurus?

I need to change the ball joints out on my 2001 Ford Taurus SES. I have removed spindle nut, wheel, brake calipers, and rotor. I have also been able to knock support arm off of the ball joint bolt. The problem is, in order to press ball joint %26quot;body%26quot; out, I have to remove the trans-axle from the hub. I cant get it to budge. What am I missing here? Help!How to change the ball joints on a 2001 taurus?
spray a heap of crc on it and try to knock it through with a brass or copper hammer, or a hammer with a block of wood. it might be tight because of rust- just keep coating it with crc each time it moves a little bit.How to change the ball joints on a 2001 taurus?
take 2 sticks of dynmite and blow that piece of crap car up lol