Thursday, September 22, 2011

My back breaks Break unevenly in my 2001 Hyundai Sante Fe. What could it be and how can i fix it?

I went to get my inspection done on my vehicle and failed. Because my breaks where %26quot;unbalanced%26quot;. So I took my car to a mechanic with a note saying my breaks where unbalanced. They resurfaced my rotors which were only 6 months old, changed my breaks, and changed the brake fluid. I went back and it failed once again for the same reason. What else could this unbalanced breaks be? From what the guy at the inspection facility explained to me it檚 that my back wheels are breaking unevenly, and that is also what檚 causing my wheel to shake when I do break. Please help! I have a month to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it. Also it's a 2001 hyundai sante fe.!My back breaks Break unevenly in my 2001 Hyundai Sante Fe. What could it be and how can i fix it?
I have been in the car business for over 10 years, with Hyundai for over 5 and I have never heard of unbalanced brakes. What I think they may be telling you is your caliper is sticking.

Brake systems are simple. You apply the pedal, fluid is sent to the caliper, a piston extends and pushes the pads against the rotor, slowing the vehicle.

There are generally more problems with rear brakes simply because they don't have to work as hard as the front. I suggest a brake service. The technician should remove the pads and service them and the slides, the caliper assembly is sanded for rust and treated with a special lubricant.

I'm not sure of the regulations in your state, but in NY, you only fail a vehicle inspection if your brakes are metal to metal.

Hyundai suggests front and rear brake services every 15,000 miles.