Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to remove the rotors from a honda 2000 civic?

i try changing the rotors on my Honda..and took the brake frame out and everything...but i noticed that the rotors are screwed in...never seen this before..because usually you can just pull em out..also the +shape screws are rusted and hard to get out...can any0ne help? thanksHow to remove the rotors from a honda 2000 civic?
Those sonofas are horribly annoying...

When I was trying to get that kind of rotor off I managed to get on it with a Ryobi cordless drill with the screwdriver tip on it, for the screws..



If it's how I think it is, you might be in a world of hurt...

http://www.thepartsbin.com/images/perfth



If they are regular rotors like that they should just slide off, maybe a small bit of persuasion...



but if they are the kind where the studs don't go through the holes, then you'd need to remove the axel nut, probably use a slide hammer... loads of crap which is why I gave up on the front rotors for

my dad's accord...