Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My rear brake pads doesn't have any wear, why?

From the brake upgrade that I did from last year I notice that my rear brake pads haven't worn at all. My fronts were worn down to the point that I have to change the rotors, but something must be wrong here. How could the fronts wear down so much with the rears not even being touched?



I do notice, however, that the pads only seem to be making contact with certain parts of the rotors.My rear brake pads doesn%26039;t have any wear, why?
Any time you do brakes on a car, it is easier and safer to change the calipers as well as the brake pads. More than likely the rear caliper piston is not extending as far as needed.My rear brake pads doesn%26039;t have any wear, why?
When %26quot;you%26quot; replaced your brake pads last year, you probably bled the system incorrectly or somehow caused the %26quot;transfer valve/isolation valve%26quot; to shift, eliminating the rear brakes entirely. The light bulb may be burnt out, but the brake light on the dash should be lit continuously if that happened.



If you have full ABS brakes, there could be sensor or command function problems isolating your rear brakes.My rear brake pads doesn%26039;t have any wear, why?
If they are drum brakes they need to be adjusted, if they are rotors the piston may be frozen and you will need to replace it. I have seen cases wgere the piston was not brought straight back and now it won't move, hard tyo tell not being able to see what is going on.My rear brake pads doesn%26039;t have any wear, why?
Is it too much to ask to include year/make/model of vehicle?