Thursday, September 22, 2011

My car's rear right tire's brakes are grinding, and it's happened to all my other tires already.. help!

Seems like this is a once a year occurance. My rear right tire is currently grinding. I looked into it, and looks like the rotor is going to need to be replaced. If this has happened to all my other tires already, and I get my brakes changed when I am supposed to, could this be some kind of manufacturers defect? Should I tell Toyota about this? What could the problem be that I hear this grinding sound even when not applying the brake? And it's not all the time either. Sometimes I brake, and I dont even hear the grinding at all. I'm very confused. Please help! And how much would something like this cost me to fix?



Thanks,



SteveMy car%26039;s rear right tire%26039;s brakes are grinding, and it%26039;s happened to all my other tires already.. help!
have the rotors checked, i had same problem, replaced all 4 rotors have no grinding now.My car%26039;s rear right tire%26039;s brakes are grinding, and it%26039;s happened to all my other tires already.. help!
could be a number of things, also maybe the proportioning valve is bad. it is below the master cylinder where all your brake lines are hooked into. it is suppose to automatically distribute even pressure to all the lines. maybe there is some dirt in the lines. detach them at the calipers 1 at a time and completely bleed the system. i had that happen to me in the past and sounds like exact same thing. this is why it happened at differant times for differant wheelsMy car%26039;s rear right tire%26039;s brakes are grinding, and it%26039;s happened to all my other tires already.. help!
Tires don't have brakes!!!My car%26039;s rear right tire%26039;s brakes are grinding, and it%26039;s happened to all my other tires already.. help!
its probably the calipers are hanging up and wearing out the pads,and making a grinding.i never heard of a tire grinding,unless its out of line and wearing into the steel.My car%26039;s rear right tire%26039;s brakes are grinding, and it%26039;s happened to all my other tires already.. help!
As you didn't tell us the year, model, or mileage, nobody can really suggest anything that would help.My car%26039;s rear right tire%26039;s brakes are grinding, and it%26039;s happened to all my other tires already.. help!
Usually when your brake pads wear completely out, where the pad is gone will chew through the rotor. It should not happen every year though. If your tires are grinding you need to take it in, or you may end up in someones back seat.My car%26039;s rear right tire%26039;s brakes are grinding, and it%26039;s happened to all my other tires already.. help!
Are you in some sort of delivery job? Papers, pizzas, mail? Or maybe you just like to drive like crazy! Keep speeds down, and %26quot;slow down%26quot; before getting to your stop! Brake jobs aren't that expensive, but with all four (completely) done at once, probably between $200 - $400 depending on quality of parts (new or used or remanufactured existing parts) and labor.

Good luck!My car%26039;s rear right tire%26039;s brakes are grinding, and it%26039;s happened to all my other tires already.. help!
Sounds like you make have a problem with your caliper if one side wears out continually before the other side witch depending on the car can be costly If you need a calipers and rotors.Find a good shop you trust that won't rip you off.My car%26039;s rear right tire%26039;s brakes are grinding, and it%26039;s happened to all my other tires already.. help!
it could a number of things- I'm no mechanic, but I had a popping/ grinding noise while I turned/ stopped my 99 gran prix. The wheel bearings had worn out in first one front, and then the other front tire. $655 later, I was happy againMy car%26039;s rear right tire%26039;s brakes are grinding, and it%26039;s happened to all my other tires already.. help!
your brakes probley have that sand **** they put on the roads this time of year when u have them changed make shure the dust cover is instald correctly